Thursday, January 28, 2010

Certain scars are terrible than the wounds that caused them


4 years back: I was tired of failures, not 1 0r 2, I failed in every exam I appeared. I was heart broken and gave up on myself. Nothing in the world could get a smile on my face. I was surrounded with misery, a hopeless future and lots of questions or rather doubts.....I kept trying one thing or other to get out of this depressed state of mine. Alas! nothing worked until I came across this small pet shop. I saw numerous gentle creatures and really could find myself at peace.

I decided in taking a rabbit with me. They were 5 of them and all were in their own world except one naughty little one who was running around and trying to get a glimpse of me from the best possible angle, as if trying to say" please take me home". The connection was instant and I was at home with this new little friend of mine in another ten mins. He was so small that I got him in a packet meant to carry sweets.

When my mom curiously opened the sweet packet she found something much sweeter she had ever seen. Everyone at home fell in love with this naughty little idiot within seconds. Mom called him "Ruby" (His eyes were much beautiful than even a Ruby stone). Then followed a frantic curiosity.....what is he going to eat? where is he going to stay? where is he going to pee? is he gonna bath? and bla bla. We gave him everything from milk to carrots, he ate nothing. Finally when he got vegetables, he showed what a big time voracious eater he was!!!. His favorite cuisine was dough ( processed atta, used to make rotis). No roti could be made unless he ate his share of atta. He wont let anyone stay at the kitchen (climbing and scratching on everyone and looking with such innocent face and eyes thats pain to think of now). He liked Monaco biscuits,cauliflower leaves, bananas,apples, tulsi leaves and finally rice and dal (dal only made by my mom, else he could strangely identify the difference and wont eat it)

He came and all sorrows of my life evaporated. Not only mine but everyone's in my family. He became our lucky charm. Things changed like magic. Every thing that went wrong fell in place. His love, naughty stupid acts made everyone burst into laughter. He would jump when everyone was happy and play around as if saying "see I told u!!!, take me home!!". Every major decision in the family revolved around him. In return he wont allow any person or thing to get into the house without going through his ever suspecting nose. He wont allow any family member to leave the house and if you do so,he would keep crossing your path expressing his displeasure. He would stay awake all night sitting with me and my sis when we studied as if guarding us. He hated being lonely and would always crave for attention in his own ways (if nothing worked he would simply pee on the bed)

2 years down the line and he became the boss. He remained so until few hours before when he left us all in a state of despair and left without giving much of a reason. He closed his eyes without consulting, as if clearly stating his supreme authority for one last time .

He left but he taught me few lessons of life. He expressed his happiness by playing with us...he would shed tears when he was sad, but whatever it is he never complained. He didnt even had a voice. He came like an angel to solve all our problems and may be went somewhere (unannounced) where he was needed the most. I am sure he would have met his family by now.

@Ruby: Wherever you are, am sure you would be filling the place with loads of happiness. You will always be in our memories. You owe me a lot... and I will make sure, I get it(keep being lucky for me). Don't expect a thanks from me for whatever you did, it was your duty and keep in touch. Remember Dude...once a family, always a family!!!. We will meet again, till then take care and be brave (you were too scary dumbo, Grow up!!). We love you and now miss you a lot :( : (

No comments:

Post a Comment